Monday, December 21, 2009

Boycotting Naps

Karter decided he wasn't going to nap in his crib any more. This was a very scary time for me as I thought he was finished with his naps and my break from him during the day was very important for my sanity. It was especially freighting because I know I would need a break when #2 arrives. I tried everything from getting into his crib with him, letting him cry it out to rocking him to sleep and NOTHING worked. As soon as I put him into the crib he woke and screamed. He had no problem sleeping on me or in the car but when it came to his crib he had no part of it. The way I described it was as taking away a weekend for someone who works full time.

This is the result of not taking a nap during the day. Please look at Lionel still eyeing Karter's food. Lionel ended up pawing at his feet for the left over chicken and woke him.