Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Wait

Everyone told me I was having another boy. I disagreed with them for a few reasons. I carried exactly the same as I did with Karter BUT I craved different foods. I wanted vegetables, vegetables and more vegetables. Instead of the berries and melons I ate all the time with Karter I wanted more citrusy fruits and I had less heart burn. The line on my belly came very late this time around too. I gained only 25 pounds this time around vs 30 with Karter. All in all it was a good pregnancy. The big difference was that this time it wasn't all about ME. I was chasing around a toddler for 9 months.

The day before the baby is born..



Waiting very patiently....
Craig and I opted to watch the baby come out. They positioned a mirror for us to watch Dr Dicker deliver the baby. Out he came ..... so I thought. Nola was so swollen down there I though she was a boy. I shouted another boy and they politely said "No you have a beautiful baby girl" and they were absolutely correct - beautiful she is.

Welcome baby NOLA STACEY

Proud parents!!



I decided to get a repeat c section. At first I signed the waiver to try for a vaginal birth then last minute decided on a section. So on the calendar it went. 5/30/2010 was going to be my 2nd baby's birthday (Memorial Day weekend). The baby fits the family just right as she comes into this world on the 30 day of may. Everyone in the Kollarus fam has a 3 in their birthday... Bubby - 5/3 Papou - 12/21 (2+1=3) Uncle Chris - 9/3 Mom - 12/30

The time of the sergury went back and forth. At first it was 8 am the 10am then 12. The anticipation was killing us. Was it a boy or girl??? Well she arrived at 2:36 at 7 pounds and 11 ounces - 19.5 inches. Her name is Nola Stacey Maslowsky. The name Nola doesn't have any connection to New Orleans Louisiana. Craig and I heard it on a Storytellers before Karter was born. One of the audience members stood up and said "My name is Nola and my question for the band is ...blah blah blah.." We both looked at each other and said that's a really nice name. 2 years later we still loved it. Her middle name is after Stacey Maslowsky her Aunt. She shares a birthday with Aunt Donna and she is lucky to do so.

The headline of the local newspaper was "A beautiful start xxxxxx" so true for the Maslowsky Family!