Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The best big brother ever

Karter is adjusting well to our new addition.  He is so gentle and kind.  If she is crying he tells us that she needs milk and brings her EVERY single toy that is hers to make her feel better.  He loves to hold her -always hugging and kissing her.  The first words out of his mouth when he wakes up is "bebe?".. to be translated as "Where is Nola I missed her while I was sleeping".  There is a little jealousy but that is to be expected as he is 2 years old.  He never takes it out on her.  I only got hit once out of his frustration that he wasn't getting my undivided attention.  He cried and I cried together and we were over it.

Karter loves his sister very much and I'm not sure if he remembers what life was like before she was born.  When I was pregnant I thought we were having another baby for Craig and I as parents, but I believe that Nola is more for Karter than for us.  And we will always have each other.