Thursday, April 3, 2008

Baby Registry

Easter weekend I was in Albany and Tara was nice enough to go through her baby registry with me and show me all the items you need for a newborn. The plan was to spend some time at her house to go through the registry then go to Babies R Us to walk through the store to get a better idea of the selection of items. After about 1.5 hours at her house I felt no need to go to Babies R Us. I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff a child needs and the amount of room you need to store everything. For example the baby might need a cradle, pack n play and of course a crib to sleep in. When the baby isn’t sleeping and you are on the go you will need a travel system with about 3 car seats, a lightweight and/or a jogger stroller. If you don’t feel like pushing the baby around you can opt for a front or maybe even a back carrier. The options sound limitless. My mom, dad and Bonnie are coming to Boston this weekend and we’re going to start our registry so we can send out the shower invitations. I am going to look at consumer reports to find the safest and most reliable items, which will probably be the most inexpensive I’m sure. I am exhausted thinking and writing about this so enough... I’ll let you know how it goes after the weekend.

I forgot to mention that I got to spend time with Cooper (Tara's son). He is so cute and such a happy baby! I had a great time with him when Tara went to pick up lunch for us, it didn’t take much to make him laugh.