Monday, February 1, 2010

Diarrhea and Diaper Rash

Karter and I caught the nasty stomach bug that was going around while we were up in Lake George. I got it and thought sending Karter and Craig to my parents for the night they would avoid catching it. Well that backfired because Karter, Craig and my mom ended up getting it. Karter had such bad diarrhea he had the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. It was so pitiful to see him in so much pain. It got so bad that he was bleeding. We tried 3 differnt rx cream (even spent $300 on vusion cream to get him better because our insurance didn't cover it) and nothing helped. Dr Montague finally looked at him and said it was a burn and not a typical yeast infection that diaper rash is... so she prescribed silverdine burn cream and it started to clear up. It was so bad he has battle scars on his butt. This was the first time I heard painful cries from Karter. One night I was crying with him and felt so helpless. As a mom I wanted nothing more than to alleviate his pain and discomfort even if it meant I would take it on myself.