Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dr Appt 7/3





So this is what 8 1/2 months pregnant looks like for all of you who were wondering...
I am now going to weekly doctors appointments. Prior to today's appointment, I thought that I might go into labor tomorrow because if so, there would be no route to the hospital from our apartment- a difficult ending to make up for the ease of my pregnancy to this point! Storrow and Memorial Drive are closed due to the 4th of July celebration with the Pops and fireworks. Luckily though, I have nothing to worry about because I am 0 centimeters dilated. The Dr said that means the likelihood of going into labor before my next appointment in a week is very slim.

Craig and I are ready to have the baby, hopefully before my due date. We just the got the car seat installed by the Cambridge Police department, the co-sleeper arrived yesterday and we did a load of wash for the baby and packed our bag for the big day. For now it's just a waiting game. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas - so excited and eager that Santa is coming with great gifts. The only difference is that I don't know when Christmas is - one week from now or 4...??